Saturday, November 23, 2013

Can you really earn residual income from home?

          About two weeks ago I started toying with some ideas about making some money from the comfort of my own home rather than going out seeking a second job in the traditional fashion. With kids at home the option really wasn't there. I started researching the world of (Internet Freebie Websites) IFWs and the like and to my surprise I found a world out there devoted to such a venture. What are the possibilities and what kind of earnings can be made through something like this? I read for days checking out the websites to see what was involved. I got tired of the websites looking to sell you "their" system to get rich. "For only $79.95, you can have this 3 CD set and learn all my secrets." Anyone seriously looking to make some residual earnings on the web doesn't want to buy anything. I was the same way. I had no funds to lay out to "learn" someone's system. These sites didn't even make it clear as to what industry you were getting into for your money.
          I heard about Project Payday awhile ago and passed it off as another get rich quick scheme. I decided to look into it again, set up and account with an email and password and was happy to see you could now get access to all the information without paying the $30+ registration fee to get started! Instead, they offered the registration with a requirement to register on a site called Swagbucks, earn 450 Swagbucks and purchase a $5.00 gift card from Amazon with these imaginary bucks. All I needed to do was answer surveys, do some internet searches and watch some movie trailers! I completed the requirements in one night and it didn't cost me a dime! Only about an hour and a half of my time.
          I then took my time reading through the "training" manual to get me started on earning that extra income. The industry is set up to attract people to various companies and try out some free trial memberships with them. I found, in my research, that the advertising departments of these companies have huge budgets to get their names out there. They include Netflix, Free Credit Report.Com, Protect My Identity, Brain Buys etc...To get your feet wet and learn the system, they had me do the "Fast Fifty" training exercise. I set up a registration with a site they chose and proceeded to fulfill the requirement of obtaining 100 credits in signing up for various free trials. The credits do differ with each offer, so you can choose from a list of about 80 offers. Most were valued at 10 - 20 credits. Again I fulfilled the requirement in about an hour. The next day I received an email that $50 had been deposited in my PayPal account. I rushed to the site at lunch break and sure enough, the money had been deposited! $50 for an hours work in front of a computer. Not too bad! Again, not a dime of mine was invested!
          Now it was time to move on to one of those IFWs to earn more. I registered at one that was recommended as a "newbie." It was my task to find a mentor, someone I could "trade" with and advise me on learning the ropes. Same set up, you find a trader, set up and account with one of their sites and complete similar offers as in the Fast Fifty. This particular site offered the same $50 to complete the offer, $10 to complete a survey and $5 to say hello in their trader forum. $65 for another hour of work!
          The next step is where you can start to earn bigger rewards. You can stay with completing offers for the $50 or you can elevate to a trader on these sites. How it works...As a trader, you have a site where you can earn $400 cash right into your PayPal account or other amounts and even offers of free gifts like an xBox system or iPhone. Your requirement is to refer 4 people to your site and complete offers. Once they complete the offers, or "go green" the trader gets $400 and pays their referrals $50 each. A cool $200 for the trader. Different cash amounts or gifts may require varying amounts of referrals to earn the gift.
          In this situation everyone wins. The site gets paid from the advertiser, the trader gets paid in cash or gifts and the "newbie" or referral gets paid to complete the offer. They also pay for referrals just to sign on the website also. PPD pays $1.50 per referral but in order to make a decent amount this way one must promote the site and garner a lot of traffic.
          One thing I did learn is that not all is free. The offers you sign up for do charge a small amount as a trial but not overly expensive. I actually completed some offers for children's books to give to nieces at Christmas time. I will continue this venture and see where it may take me. I would love to hear any comments from others who have explored this as well. Check out the site. I'll keep you posted!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment